The Borders MacMillan Welfare Benefits Partnership
The Borders Carers Centre is now working in partnership with The Borders MacMillan Welfare Benefits Partnership, who offer a free, confidential and impartial advice service for people and their carers/families living with or affected by cancer.
Please ask us for a referral to the service which can help you:
- with advice on current and future benefit entitlements
- to apply for social security benefits and tax credits
- to appeal against benefit decisions
- to access charitable grants
- to access help with costs such as travel to hospital
- to apply for transport concessions such as the Blue Badge
They are also able to offer guidance to people affected by cancer on:
- Power of Attorney
- Making a will
- Future planning for a funeral
Please check link here for more information.
Borders Carers Centre e-bulletin
Subscribe to our e-bulletin to keep up to date with local news & events as well as all the latest changes and updates from Scottish Government which affect you.
We send one e-bulletin a month and do not share our list with anyone.